Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 315

Today was a good day... well technically yesterday was a good day. I've been toughing it out this week emotionally and it was a refreshing change to have a pick me up. I had an eventful lunch with new and old friends. Hilarious conversations and awkward moments abound. I love it when it gets awkward. Strange I know.

The thing that made my day though was that someone gave me their number. It was very flattering but I tend to think guys that give their numbers out to girls are players. Anyhow, I'm recording this because I want to recall it in the future when I'm old and grey.

He was a cute guy in his mid-twenties with good hair. Obviously I checked him out being the hot blooded woman that I am. (I know... so bad -__-) Then I noticed the writing on his shirt and read it out loud. It said, "Call me when you're drunk," and I laughed...(Some might call it a giggle.) He gave me a shy thumbs up and smiled sheepishly. Being the witty person that I am (ha!) I said, "But we don't know your number." I was pleased when he chuckled and then he went back to his seat. When he left I noticed him and we happened to make eye contact. Being oh so polite I smiled and waved while he gave me the standard nod. (No, I wasn't being creepy, I just happened to be seated at the entrance so it was only natural for me to notice. He was tall and therefore stood out okay!) But to my pleasant surprise after two minutes he came back in the restaurant and handed me his recite with his number written on the back. Smiled and left. Amidst the stunned company I was keeping I stammered a thank you.

For one reason or another this encounter lifted my spirits and made me smile. So thank you kind stranger whom I might never call. :) I don't think you said a word to me but you made my day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment