Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 355

I've been breaking everything recently.

I've broken records, promises, relationships, myself and you.

You were always there when I fell and helped me up without question. You were there to provide a soft spot during hard times. You loved me despite my flaws. You loved me for my flaws.

I, on the other hand, have done nothing for you. I've only caused you pain and despite that you hide it to spare me. I must be crazy for letting us go.

I'm sorry I couldn't be who you needed or who you deserve. It hurts so much to hear that all you wanted was to feel loved and I didn't instill that confidence.

Now and in the future I want to be someone you can trust and lean on. But unfortunately my promises don't mean very much anymore. I still want to be there for you and become someone who you could trust. But I'm afraid it isn't about what I want anymore but what you need. And you don't need me.

So yesterday, today, tomorrow and many tomorrows to come I can only say I'm sorry. Until the day that I can be a better person and have the confidence again to be someone who can love will I come back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment